Once you make a blog posting you may find that even though you have excellent content, nobody can find it! With millions of blogs out there, that’s hardly a surprise.
Here are a few tips and suggestions on promoting your blog…
1. Join technorati and claim your blog. Also, be sure to add an avatar to your blog, that way you will stand out. People use Technorati to search for blog content.
2. Join Feedburner, this not only gives you interesting tracking stats for your blog but also auto alerts other blog search services everytime you make an update.
3. Use your actual URL in Sanriotown when you join, eg. my blog URL is blog.hellokitty.com/ypsilonsiu but Feedburner and Technorati won’t recognize these, it recognizes only the actual URL it’s redirected to, in my case that’s http://blog.sanriotown.com/ypsilonsiu:hellokitty.com/
4. Once you’ve posted your blog, have it pinged using a service like http://www.pingoat.com/ or http://pingomatic.com/ or http://pinger.blogflux.com/. Just enter your blog URL and sometimes a brief description and it will ping/notify that your blog has been updated to a variety of blog search indexes.
5. Update regularly and cross link regularly with the blogroll option. Get people to link to you and reverse.
6. Finally, the most obvious (but often forgotten one) TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ABOUT IT!
There are some more detailed sources that discuss how to make a better or more prominent blog here and here.
Good luck, let your voice be heard!