There IS still good in this world! If you’re one of the people who returned the tainted money, comment here and write your in-game name. I will make it my personal mission to commemorate you people
Archive for October, 2008
Hmmm, looks like a lot of people will be doing a LOOOOOOT cooking and harvesting and….. uprooting?
Uprooting? For what? Gasp.
Here’s a little itty-bitty guide for farming:
1. Get your London (or Londan/Landon for all you sparty-pants’ out there) friendship points high enough to be able to buy all the seeds.
2. Once you’re in the farm, IMMEDIATELY pause your farm.3. Toggle your Fertility display on.
4. Unlike CB, don’t plant your seeds in a 3×3 grid because the fertilizers aren’t as effective as before. I suggest planting only 1 or 2 so that you can save up on fertilizers. Apply1 or 2 “dollops” of fertilizer on each seed. Don’t raise it to 100.
5. Now, UNPAUSE your farm.
6. With the Fertility display still up, put your mouse over a fertilized patch and keep a close eye on it.
7. Every seven seconds or so, the fertility will go down by 10.
8. JUST before the fertility goes below 10, PAUSE the farm again apply fertilizer again.
9. If some of your crops are fully matured. PAUSE the farm and harvest your crops.
10. Lastly, I must warn you, this time around, you don’t have a 100% harvest rate. Crops act like regular resources where you either get the crop, or 1 of 2 useless items.
Learn these well because it will help you very, very, very soon
Oh man, I can’t believe Founders’ Beta has been running for only 5 days but a LOT has happened since then.
We’ve had a lot of feedback (both positive and negative, mind you) from players on game improvements. Suggestions were also thrown our way which were both practical and down-right weird. For that, we thank you from the bottom of our liver-sized hearts.
If you’ve noticed, I’ve always said to players “Take care of the players and the players will take care of you” and we, the HKO Team, are sticking to our mantra.
Here’s a rundown of the upcoming changes coming this week (don’t wet yourselves):
Translations: Some of the quests in London are still written in Chinese. They will learn to speak the English language some time this week.
Guild: I know a lot of you are clamoring for the Guild System so you and your friends can band together and kick crab butt but found out that establishing a guild’s requirements are ludicrous so we’re reducing it to level 20 and quite a bit of cash (so you and your friends can pool your funds… hey we didn’t say it was easy, right?)
House and Farm: During the CB, farming was one of the highlights of the game. However, the farming system is nowhere near the system we all enjoyed before. We are currently evaluating this but we have high hopes for it. Expect good news soon.
We would want nothing more than for you to fully enjoy the game and to support it. We did this Founders’ Beta to balance out the kinks of the game and to let you see the changes we’ve made fully.
This page will be relevant soon enough Stay tuned.
With Founders’ Beta juuuuusst around-o the corner-o (sorry been watching too much Heroes… blasted Hiro Nakamura!),
HKO is… mahvelous!
Lots and lots of changes compared to the CB client… it’s basically a whole new game. haha.. How much did thee change? Let me count the ways:
1. Hotkeys for the local map, pet page, skills page and… (wait for it) sitting down!
2. Let’s just say you don’t have to keep looking at your inventory to count how much more of a certain is needed for a quest. *wink wink*
3. HKO pretty much reflects life in the aspect of getting money… it’s hard!
aaaaaand… muc,h, much more so stay tuned.
Abby blazed through the game to get to London earlier while I stayed back and tried to finish all the quests which takes a while. Haha I’m so excited for you guys!
That’s it for now. Enjoy.