Today’s “Kawaii Thought of the Day” is about…friendship! Friends are not too hard to find. Good friends are hard to find. Best friends are very rare to find. Once you find those good friends, they can either turn into best friends or remain good friends. The ones that make it to be your best friends, the ones that you could trust no matter what, are the ones that you should cherish and let them know how much you appreciate them. Take the time to do nice things for them and tell them how much you appreciate their friendship. Don’t forget to try to make new friends as well. Friends have a tendency to influence one another…so keep only good friends around you. Have a kawaii day!
Today’s “Daily Letter” is the letter “I”! Our “I” words are “interesting”, “ice-cream”, “igloo”, and “ion”!
We chose “interesting” because what better thing to read, look at, or learn about than something “interesting”!
We chose “ice cream” because it is yummy and cool! One of the best summer time or anytime treats is “ice cream”! All ages like “ice cream” and is neat how it started out just sugar, milk, and cream and then churns and turns into a frozen treat!
We chose “igloo” because they are so neat to look at! It is wild how people can make giant blocks of ice and put them together to make a house that keeps them warm. Strange how an “igloo” could be warm when it’s made of something so cold.
We chose “ion” because it is an atom or molecule that is found in everything. So small and neat!
Post your “I” words below. Have a kawaii day! :D
Today’s “Numi Num of the Day” is…A Spicy Grilled Chicken Samo (sandwich) with Avocado Slices! If you like spicy food, grilled chicken, tomatoes, avocado, onions, ciabatta bread, and southwest sauce…you’ll love this samo (sandwich)! We first tried this samo (sandwich) at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in California. We haven’t been able to find another one like it since then though :( So we made our own recipe! Hope you like it! Have a kawaii day!
1-2 6 oz. chicken breasts or 2-4 chicken tenders
1-2 ripe avocados, sliced
1-2 fresh red tomatoes, sliced (roma or regular)
1-2 fresh onion, sliced (white or red)
2-4 Tbsp. of butter/margarine
salt & pepper to taste
Pampered Chef’s Southwest Seasoning to taste
1 loaf of ciabatta bread (any that looks good: cheese, onion, etc. comes in many flavors) (if can’t find in store: restaurants like Atlanta Bread Co., Panera Bread, etc. sell it)
southwest sandwich sauce by Kraft or mix 1/2 c. mayo, 3 Tbsp. southwest seasoning, 1/2 c. sour cream, few drops of lemon juice, and a drop or two of mustard and stir well
- Heat some butter in a medium-size skillet until it melts.
- Add chicken breasts or tenders to the skillet.
- Lightly salt, pepper, and add southwest seasoning to one side of chicken.
- Cook chicken on medium heat.
- Turn chicken over after few minutes and season the other side.
- After chicken is thoroughly cooked, turn heat off and put slice or slices of pepper jack cheese or cheese that you like on top of the chicken to melt.
- After cheese melts on chicken, take out of skillet and put on plate to cool.
- Either before or after the chicken is cooked, slice the onion, tomato, and avocado.
- Slice two or more slices of ciabatta bread.
- Put the Southwest Sauce or homemade version on the bread. (mayo and mustard will work if you don’t like the sauce)
- Arrange the sliced onions, tomatoes, and avocados on the bread.
- Put the chicken on top or bottom.
- Add other piece of bread and enjoy!
Today’s “Kawaii Word of the Day” is…brocci! We like to call our broccoli “brocci”! It’s shorter and more fun to say! “Brocci” is great for eyesight and full of vitamins. Try some “brocci” steamed, sauteed with butter and soy sauce or teriyaki sauce, smothered in cheese, in a simple sassis (salad), or dipped in ranch. Have a kawaii day!