Positive Posting 101
Hello members! First of all we’d like to thank everyone who has signed up for Sanriotown. Thank you for helping us build this community and we appreciate that you are using the email, blogs and particularly the forums.
With new members coming in, and like all new members, they tend to be lost and dont know what to do. We would like the community to help them by initiating Positive Posting, our effort to make Sanriotown helpful and friendly, and encourages the following initiatives:
- Respect the opinions and thoughts of others, regardless of how incorrect they may be (this does not include flaming, spamming and flooding).
- Be patient with the new community members. If they’re having trouble about the site kindly direct them what to do so that they may be able to blend in with us all.
- Post with a purpose. We all know that this site is busy and we all want to share our experiences but please make sure that the topic you want to post hasn’t been posted yet so that we could avoid redundancy and spam.
- Make an attempt to post in the proper forums. For instance, you would like to talk about music, you should post it in the music section and not in the Anime section.
- It is always better to reply to a thread that has already been created than to start a new one. This completely throws off the main purpose of the discussion if it should branch out into another topic.
- If a topic is being debated, keep comments to the facts at hand - try not to criticize someone else’s opinion, no matter how wrong you think it is.
- Insulting another member or "flaming" is never necessary under any circumstances.
- Do not pick on someone for making a redundant post or asking a "noob" question. If a thread needs to be closed, leave that to a moderator - taking care of such things is their job, NOT yours.
- If you find someone who is breaking the rules, please try to reason with them and not quarrel with them. If all else fails, report this user to the moderator along with the copy of your conversation as proof of their violation.
This is but just a small step that we could do to further improve our community. And we encourage everyone to lend a helping hand. Thank you and happy posting!