How to blog using FLOCK
So you’ve decided in using Flock as your blogging tool of choice.
Flock is actually a web-browser but its more. It wasn’t called “The Social Browser” for no reason. You can manage your Flickr or Photobucket account on Flock as well as manage almost any blog.
Here is a simple guide to get you started:
1. Download Flock from http://www.flock.com and install it.
2. Open up Flock then click on Tools > Blog (or the shortcut, Ctrl + B).
3. A new window will open asking for details about your blog.
For this example we will use my account. Enter the URL of your blog. Remember to follow the template. If you are on Hello Kitty, just copy the address above and of course replace my name (sanriotown_moderator) with yours. If you are on My Melody or Kuririnmail, simply change hellokitty into mymelody or kuririnmail (example: http://blog.mymelody.com/myblog, http://blog.kuririnmail.com/yourblog). Then press next.
4. It will detect the blog settings, this could take a few minutes so grab a drink or a snack while you wait.
5. Once it detects your settings it will ask for your username and password.
Once again, using my account as an example, enter your username, this would be your email address in Sanriotown. In this case my username would be email@example.com. Then enter your password as well then press next.
6. Finally, the last window will tell you if you have set it up properly and that you are ready to go! Click on Finish.
7. A new window will popup. It will be the actual blogging window. You can skip this step if you want and come back to it later by just going to Tools > Blog (or simply pressing Ctrl + B).
Looks familiar doesn’t it? Its almost the same thing as when you log into Sanriotown blogs but just the “Write” part. You can either edit it as it is on the Editor mode or if you are more technical and want to see the HTML codes you can switch to Source mode.
8. Once you are done entering stuff on the post click on publish and it will bring up a new window.
As you can see, Flock will know which categories you’ve setup. Just select which category to put it into, click on publish and there you have it.
Flock will open a new window for you to check your post. (Btw, I deleted that sample post ^_^).
Congratulations! You are now a Flockstar! For more info on how to use Flock visit their help site.