Some of you may be wondering how sites and blogs get lots of traffic. Here are a few tips on how to get more traffic.
- Make sure you create a relevant title. Most search engines like Google base their searches on how relevant stuff are on the net. When you post don’t just say something like “About my Dog”. Say it with more detail like “My dog named Spanky”.
- Link back to others. Make sure you give credit and link back to other people that you’ve taken information or an image from. This way they will navigate to your site and possibly link back to you and spread to others what they’ve seen on your site.
- Claim your blog at Technorati! Technorati is the “google” of blogs. If you are listed you are bound to get some traffic. There are some pretty detailed instructions on technorati on how to do this so don’t worry.
- Trackback to other blogs! Similar to linking back, if you got information or an image or anything from another blog, use the linkback option in your blog. Its located right under the textbox in your admin panel when you write a new post. If its hidden just expand it by clicking on the plus (+) sign. Copy the URL of the link of the blog you posted and add /trackback/ after the whole link and you are set.
- Comment on other blogs. Try commenting on other blogs in the Sanriotown community as well as outside. There are numerous other blogging sites out there. It would be a good idea to make people of other communities know that you are from Sanriotown. This will improve the traffic of your own site as well as traffic for Sanriotown.
More traffic for you, more traffic for everyone. Continue using these tips and I’ll guarantee you that you will have an increase in traffic in no time.