Makes 1 loaf
3 large eggs, room temperature
3 tbs milk, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour (or 1 1/8 cup all-purpose flour + 3 tbs cornstarch)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
185 g unsalted butter, room temperature
1) Preheat oven to 350 dF (177 dC) and place rack in center of oven. Butter loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and butter the paper.
2) Lightly combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract in bowl.
3) Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar and mix well. Add butter and half of the egg mixture. Using hand mixer, mix on low speed until dry ingredients are moistened. Beat for a few minutes to aerate and develop the cake’s structure. Gradually add the remaining egg mixture, in 2 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg and strengthen the cake’s structure.
4) Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 55-65 mins or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If the cake is browning too much as it bakes, cover with a piece of lightly buttered aluminum foil after about 30 mins.)
5) Remove cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for ~10 mins. Remove cake from the pan and cool completely on a lightly buttered wire rack. Serve.