Makes 2-3 servings
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 eggs, lightly beaten
250 g yellow noodles
250 g white thick rice vermicelli
3 cups chicken broth
8 prawns, peeled and deveined, sliced into halves
2 stalks scallions, cut into 2-inches lengths and cut into thin strips
1/2 tbs fish sauce, more to taste
Few dashes of pepper
Dash of sesame oil
1) Blanch prawns and squid in boiling water. Drain and cut squid into rings. Set aside.
2) In a hot pan, add 1 tsp canola oil. Add garlic and fry until fragrant. Add eggs and scramble.
3) Add yellow noodles and rice vermicelli. Fry for a few minutes until noodles just begin to sear (use high heat).
4) Add 1/3 broth. Fry until broth is almost dry. Add another 1/3 broth. Cover and braise noodles on medium-low heat (~5-7 mins).
5) Add prawns, squid, scallions and fry together. Add fish sauce, pepper, sesame oil and remaining broth. Fry for 1 min and serve (with sambal chilli and lime).