Makes 1 loaf
250 g butter, room temperature
150 g condensed milk
(1 1/2 tsp rum flavour)
75 g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
10 egg yolks
100 g sugar
5 egg whites
25 g sugar
(1/8 tsp cream of tartar)
1) Preheat oven to 395 dF (200 dC). Place loaf tin in to heat it up.
2) Cream butter, condensed milk and rum flavour at medium speed for ~5 mins until mixture is creamy. Add in flour and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
3) Whisk egg yolks and sugar at maximum speed until mixture is thick. Fold egg yolks batter into the flour mixture in 3 additions.
4) Whisk egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar at maximum speed until mixture is stiff. Fold egg whites mixture into the flour and egg yolks mixture in 3 additions.
5) Remove hot loaf tin from the oven and lay parchment paper at the bottom of tin. Spread a small amount of batter into the tin. Place tin in the middle rack. Using top and bottom heat, bake for ~5-7 mins or until golden brown.
6) Increase temperature to 465 dF (240 dC) and using only the top heat to bake subsequent layers (or place a baking tray filled with water at the bottom of oven). Weigh ~50-75 g of batter for each subsequent layer and bake for ~6 mins for each layer.
7) Trim away the sides, cut into slices and serve.