Makes 6 servings
1 tbs canola oil
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 cup beef broth
1 tbs tomato paste
(1 tsp chopped fresh/dry rosemary)
(1 tbs chopped Italian parsley)
(1/2 cup frozen peas)
2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
6 tbs unsalted butter
1/2 cup milk
Salt to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375 dF.
2) Heat oil. Add onion, carrot and beef. Cook until browned (~8-10 mins).
3) Drain fat. Add broth, tomato paste and herbs. Simmer until juice thickens (~10 mins). Add peas.
4) Pour into baking dish.
5) Boil potatoes in salted water. Cook until tender (~20 mins). Drain.
6) Mash potatoes with butter, milk and salt.
7) Spread over beef. Crosshatch top with fork.
8) Bake until golden brown (~30-35 mins). Serve.