Mwahahaha, here we are after sharing with you a couple of things about the Chat Channels in HKO. Today, we will look at something that is related to the chat too — Censored Text.
What is it exactly? Censored means it is blinded from players or replaced with asterisks(*) or other symbols to prevent players from using profanity or vulgarity words. It is a way to protect the younger players in game. Since HKO is a family game, it is understandable that most words that are considered rude be censored.
Tips & Hints:
- Always be considerate and polite when chatting in game so that you won’t have your sentence censored and confuse other players who are reading it.
- When you type a sentence and there is/are word(s) being censored, DO NOT try to bypass the filter. First, it is not nice to do so; Second, it is against the game rules and you may be warned, kicked or banned by the GMs.
- Examples of common filter bypassing are adding spaces or other symbols in between the letters, replace an alphabet with a number of any similar symbol, use underscroll(_) to make the word looks like a puzzle eventhough it is obviously a rude word.
- If you see other players who keeps on typing censored words in the chat, be a kind person to PM him/her telling him/her politely that what he/she does is not good and against the rules.
- Even if a some rude and inappropriate words are not being censored, DO NOT abuse by using them. Try contact a GM instead about the word that should be censored but not yet.
- With your help, let’s make HKO a better, cleaner community to play in!