Have you ever sat down and wondered why you’ve inexplicably tired, or why things that you thought would make you happy don’t seem to do the trick? Chances are you’re complicating things too much, and you’ve lost touch with the kid in you that’s happy just running around with the family pet.
Now, I’m sure many of you are familiar with this list. These are fairly simple pointers, but it’s little things like these that we often take for granted. They won’t solve our problems, but they’ll sure make you feel happy and make you feel like you don’t need to worry so much.
- Dot all your “i”s with smiley faces.
- Sing into your hairbrush.
- Grow a milk mustache.
- Read the funnies; throw the rest of the paper away.
- Dunk your cookies.
- Step carefully over sidewalk cracks.
- Try to get someone to trade you a better sandwich.
- Give someone a hug around the neck.
- Blow the wrapper off a straw.
- Refuse to eat crusts.
- Make a face the next time somebody tells you “No.”
- Ask “Why?” a lot.
- Have someone read you a story.
- Wear your favorite shirt with your favorite pants even if they don’t match.
- Eat dessert first.
- Say “duh” when stuff is obvious.
- Put an orange slice in your mouth, peel side out, and smile at people.
- Innocently say your prayers.
- Ride a roller coaster two times in a row.
- Run through the sprinkler with all your clothes on.
- Lick all the cream out of an Oreo before you eat the cookie part.
- Eat just the chocolate stripe out of your Neapolitan ice cream.
- Start thinking now about what you want for your next birthday.
- Lie on your back in a field and look at pictures in the clouds.
So go out and try them, I hope they really work for you. Even if you don’t follow this list, just remember to always appreciate the little things in life. Be a kid again!
Send in your tips and articles on being happy, jokes and anecdotes, funny photos and videos, and happy news to happynews[at]hellokitty.com.