Martial arts vary widely, and may focus on strikes, grappling, or weapons training. Below is a list of examples that make?use of these areas that I know of:
- Punching - Boxing, Shao-Lin Long Fist
- Kicking - Capoeira, Taekwondo
- Other strikes (e.g. Elbows, knees, open-hand) - Karate, Muay Thai, Wing Chun,
- Throwing - Judo, Jiu Jitsu
- Joint lock - Aikido, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Hapkido
- Pinning Techniques - Wrestling, Judo
- Traditional Weaponry - Fencing,Kendo
My all time favourite art is the Jeet Kun do because its taken the best and most efficient strikes &?moves from various arts.? Also,?Bruce lee is my hero so i could be a little bias.
There are a few other arts if was real I love to study (I’m also a fan of Stephen Chow)
- From the King of Beggers - 睡夢羅漢拳 - Sleeping Monk Fist
there are others… I just can’t think of them at the moment.
The list above that are underlined are the arts that?I would love to take up.? Althoough I’m getting old so?I will?probably just appreciate them from afar and?end up only doing Tai Chi,? shame that my parents back in the day were too afraid that I’d use it aganist my elder sister.? which is a bit silly considering Martial Arts is meant to develop self control disciple and alll that jazz. I simplily cannot understnad my folks opinion on this..